Reflecting on 2016



Hello you beauties!

Today, the final day of 2016, is going to be a very different post to what I'm used to writing. It's going to be happy, but possibly sad too, as I reflect on the past year in terms of what has happened to me. I would love to hear about your 2016 and I hope it has been an amazing year for you all.

I would love to say that 2016 has been an amazing year for me, and while it has been better for me than 2015 was, I have to say 2016 still wasn't brilliant. I started the year feeling great.

For those of you who didn't know, I'm not in my third year of doing A Levels. Yes, I should've been in university now. But from September 2014 to July 2015 I attended a college that I absolutely hated. It made me feel so depressed being there. So I moved to a different college in September 2016 and being there has made me a lot happier. So in that sense, I have felt a lot happier in 2016 at college (despite the usual A Level stress).

My personal life is not really something that I usually talk about (I prefer to keep it all private) but now that I'm spending time looking back on my year, I don't see the harm in mentioning it for just this one post.

At the beginning of the year, I was in a relationship and a genuinely was very happy. But then we broke up and I was quite upset about it. I never really mentioned it before because we broke up quite early on in the year, before I started this blog. Me and the guy are still pretty good friends but it's a memory that I try my best to not remember.

I have also lost my best friend this year, but in losing that friend, I have made many new friends. Losing friends is never easy but sometimes they turn into the sort of person you hoped they would never become. And you realise you are better off without them in your life. I have learnt to be happy with the friends that I do have rather than focus too much on the past.

I have also been very ill this year, which is something I dread every day. I have a really really bad immune system, so when I get ill, I get really ill. What started off as a cold early this year turned into really bad tonsilitis... so bad that I ended up in hospital to have tests. So that definitely was NOT a highlight of my year.

However, despite all this negativity in my life, some great things have happened to. I am happy in my job, my family manage to make me smile everyday and I have so much to look forward to in 2017.

I have finally been offered places at 5 different universities to study English, which I am extremely excited for. I just now have to accept the offers at 2 of the universities, which is going to be so difficult as all of the universities I have offers from are amazing (Brighton, Chester, Nottingham, York and East Anglia). However, I am leaning towards Brighton and Chester as my firm and insurance choice at the moment (Brighton has always had a special place in my heart). I am looking forward to visiting Brighton in a couple of months with my mum.

Moving out is going to be a very strange experience but I know it is going to be the right thing for me. By the time I move out and go to university, I will be 20 and that definitely shows that it is time to move on and live in the big wide world on my own. I can't wait to explore a new city and be able to show people that I can look after myself.

I hope you all have a great new year and I can't wait to see what 2017 brings to us all.

Have an amazing night with whatever way you're celebrating and I will see you all in 2017!

I'll be back tomorrow with the first post of 2017 for you all.

If you liked this post, be sure to subscribe/follow, comment and share with friends.
Byeeee!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Contributors

Follow me on Twitter

www.twitter.com/OfficiaInstaura

Popular Posts