Getting a Tattoo: My Experience



Hello you beauties!

I honestly never thought I would be writing a post like this as I really never thought I would end up getting a tattoo. Don't get me wrong, I have always wanted one but I have a major fear of needles so I knew I would never be able to deal with one. Oh how wrong I was!

It was my 20th birthday on Saturday and my parents didn't know what to get for me. I mentioned to my mum a few weeks before that I was interested in getting a tattoo and so my parents gave me money to put towards a tattoo and so I booked my appointment for the 9th September - the day of my actual birthday.

I was terrified, if I'm completely honest. As I've said before, I have a major fear of needles and I was worried that this would all end badly. But the design I chose to have tattooed on me meant too much for me to give up on it.

That's because I chose to have purple tulips tattooed on my left forearm, in memory of my grandfather who died back in May 2009. Tulips were his favourite flower and became my favourite flower once he died because they reminded me of him and every great memory of him that I had. So I wanted something permanent to show my love for him, and so that he could be with me wherever I went. So despite the fact that I was terrified of needles, I knew I had to do it.

The pain was unbearable at points and I even had to ask for a break half way through because I felt like I was going to pass out from the pain. But once the tattooist had opened a window, put a fan on and given me a drink of sugared water, I felt much better and ready to carry on. It helped that after the break I chose to look away from the needle as my design was being etched into my skin, as before I was watching it.

Parts of it were more painful than others, especially the white highlights and as the design reached further to my wrist. But after around an hour, it was all over and I now had such a beautiful design with an amazing background on my arm.

I don't regret my tattoo at all but will probably never get another one, as I doubt I could handle that pain again. I would also only recommend a tattoo if you can handle pain well which I know plenty of people can - but I definitely can't.

I might change my mind about this in the future, as my boyfriend's mum has many tattoos and told me that once you get one, you get 'the itch' where you just want more and more and more. But for now, I am pretty content with just the one.

Do you have any tattoos or planning/hoping to get one? What design would you like?

I'll be back next week with a new post for you all.
Byeeee!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Contributors

Follow me on Twitter

www.twitter.com/OfficiaInstaura

Popular Posts