Revlon ColourStay Foundation Review

Hello you beauties!

I hope you all had a great Christmas.

Back with the beauty posts this week and today I wanted to talk to you about the Revlon ColourStay foundation. With the colder weather, my skin has been getting a lot drier which I've found really annoying as no matter how much moisturiser I use, it stays dry. And the foundations that I usually use aren't the best for dry skin as they tend to stick to the dry areas of my skin, especially around and on my nose.

Yes, these foundations are good for normal or oily skin so they're perfect for me during the summer but not so much during the winter. So a couple of weeks ago I went looking for the perfect foundation for during the winter months. The one I chose to try for now is the Revlon ColourStay foundation for normal/dry skin and this is what I thought about it.

I have heard many great things about this foundation over the past couple of years but have always experimented with other foundations and so never got round to trying this one. But when I was trying to decide which one to try, this foundation was on the top of my list.

Once I tried it out, it left me wondering why I hadn't tried it before. It is definitely the best foundation I have ever used.

I chose the shade 'Ivory' as it was the lightest shade they had. Of course, I had no clue if it would be the right shade for me but due to the fact that I'm like super pale I always usually go for the lightest shade (which is usually the right shade for me) but there is always the risk that it can be too pale. However, 'Ivory' was the perfect shade for me and it doesn't oxidise at all.

It offers really great coverage too, which I wasn't expecting. With a lot of things happening in my life recently, I have been very stressed and have had a few serious spots on my face (you can tell I was stressed as I never usually get spots) and this foundation actually managed to cover them quite well. Obviously they didn't cover them perfectly, but it would take a very high coverage foundation for it to be fully covered. It just meant that the spots were less obvious and I didn't have to use as much concealer to try and cover my spots more.

This foundation is also very easy to apply. It doesn't dry too quickly so is easy to blend and isn't left with streaks when applying with a brush (although I think that is usually an issue to do with the brush and not the foundation). It also stays on for a while during the day which is great if you have a busy schedule where topping up on your foundation will not necessarily be easy to do.

I believe this foundation is very affordable to. Maybe not as affordable as other foundations that I've ever used (such as my Rimmel London foundation and my Bourjois foundation) but it isn't as expensive as other foundations can get. I bought my bottle of this foundation from Superdrug for just £12.99 which means I can easily afford to repurchase this in the future if I decide that this foundation is the right one for me.

And the most important part? It definitely does what it says on the bottle. It really is great for dry skin as it doesn't stick to my usual dry areas and make it look worse like the other foundations usually do. I really do feel like this this is a foundation I will use all year round and not just in the winter.

Have you tried out this foundation yet? What is your opinion on it?

I'll be back on Sunday with a special New Years' Eve post for you all.
Byeeee!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Contributors

Follow me on Twitter

www.twitter.com/OfficiaInstaura

Popular Posts