Eyebrows; The 3 P's



Hello you beauties!

The part of my makeup routine that I struggle with the most is definitely my eyebrows. I don't know a single makeup user who doesn't complain about their eyebrows at some point. I feel like they're such a crucial part of any look. Which is why it's so hard to make them perfect.

I personally have always found it a struggle to find the right eyebrow product. I've tried out everything but can never decide what is right for me. Especially shade wise. While I'm a natural blonde, my eyebrows have always been darker than my natural hair colour. So blonde products are always too light for my brows but light brown products are unfortunately too dark. I'm yet to find anything that is the perfect shade for me.

But when it comes to eyebrow products, I make sure to try the 3 P's; Powders, Pomades and Pencils.

When it comes to powders, these are probably the ones I use the least. Don't get me wrong, powder makeup products are definitely the easiest to use (such as highlighters and blushes, as opposed to using the cream version of them) but when it comes to my brows I find that it is extremely difficult to find a blonde powder that doesn't turn orange. I tried out the light brown version of the Maybelline Master Brow Pro Palette and while this probably gives the best pigmentation of any powder I have ever used, it was slightly too dark for me. But did they offer a blonde version? Of course not.

Another powder eyebrow product I have tried is the Freedom Duo Eyebrow Powder in the shade 'Blonde' and while this is definitely a blonde colour, I find that both shades in this are slightly orange-y and therefore don't quite look right when applying them. And for anything to show up I find that I actually have to apply quite a bit of the product first. While it's not the worst eyebrow powder ever, I bet there are even better powders for around the same price.

I tend to use powders when I want a subtle eyebrow look.

Pomades are the products I have used the least. I only actually own 1 pomade and that is again by Freedom (as unfortunately I cannot afford the Anastasia one). Again, it's in the shade 'Blonde' but I have the opposite problem with this as I did with the powder by them. While the powder was probably too light, the pomade is (I'd say anyway) too dark for me. It gives my brows a very heavy look and makes them look sticky. It's reasonably easy to use you just need to make sure to have a very light hand and a very good eyebrow brush!

I usually use the pomade when I want a more dramatic look/want to stand out more.

The final P in this post is pencils. I used to only ever use pencils but once I started to experiment with powders and pomades, I just seemed to forget about the pencils I owned. But that's because, at first, I simply couldn't find anything that was any good! I would use the Rimmel eyebrow pencils all the time but they only had 3 shades; Hazel, Dark Brown and Black. So I'd use the Hazel shade as it was the lightest but it was definitely too dark for me. Obviously I didn't notice that at first, wore my brows with that shade and looked stupid but let's try and forget that dark time of my life.

My relationship with pencils changed when I found out about the Soap and Glory Archery brow pencil and tint, which is more of a crayon rather than a pencil. I found this pencil to be amazing as it allowed me to get really defined lines when shaping my brows and the tint is great to fill in the gaps in my brows - using the actual pencil part to do this definitely makes the brows too bold! For just £10 this is 100% a pencil I would recommend.

While pomades have proven to give the most pigmentation and this is usually what someone looks for in a product, I would definitely suggest you use the Soap and Glory Archery brow pencil and tint above anything else as it is easy to use and easy to travel with (as you don't need to worry about packing a brush for it - so if you forget an eyebrow brush it doesn't matter). It's reasonably cheap too and still gives off amazing pigmentation. Oh, and the shade matches better too (although they only have 3 shades - blonde, brown and black)!

I hope you all liked this post! If you did, be sure to subscribe/follow, comment and share with friends.
Byeeee!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Contributors

Follow me on Twitter

www.twitter.com/OfficiaInstaura

Popular Posts