My Big Summer Beauty Haul

Hello you beauties!

Can you believe it's finally September!? This year has gone so quickly - it'll be Christmas before we know it! But first, it's time to go back to school and college (and my birthday is not too far away!), which calls for a nice big shopping trip to cheer myself up - I've loved having so much time off.

I went out a couple of weeks ago and bought a few things so I will mention those first before I get onto the main shopping trip.


I mainly went out with the intention of buying a new foundation as I was starting to run out of my other one so I wanted to buy a new one so I didn't have to go without at all. I decided to try the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation, as I've heard great things about this foundation. I usually use the Rimmel London foundations but I have recently found that they oxidise a lot so I wanted to try something different. And so far, I've had no problems with this foundation. It is only a light coverage foundation, so when the weather cools down a bit in late autumn and winter, I will go out and buy another foundation that offers better coverage. I got the lightest shade 'Light Vanilla' - I was worried about the shade as they only had 3 different shades but this light one is perfect for me. If I feel like a look a little pale, then I'll just dust some bronzer lightly over my face to give me a bit more colour, but I would still definitely recommend this foundation.

Boots had a 3 for 2 offer on all of their Bourjois products and I have always wanted to try one of their blushers so I picked up one of those too! I chose the one in the shade 'Rose D'or (Golden Rose)' which I think is a new shade for the brand. It is a beautiful rosy pink shade with hints of gold glitter that looks amazing to wear for nights out and parties. I would say this blusher is definitely worth the money and I am excited to try out some more of their blushers.


And for my free product, I decided to buy one of their lipsticks (no one can ever have too many lipsticks!) from their Rouge Edition. I chose the one in the shade '04- Rose Tweed' which I personally think is very similar to the Rimmel London Kate Moss lipstick in the shade '08', although the Kate Moss is slightly pinker. This Bourjois lipstick is definitely a shade that I can wear with absolutely anything for any occasion and it feels extremely great on my lips.

On the same day, I also decided to buy a L'Oreal Paris Color Riche single eyeshadow in the shade 'Gold Mania' which, as the name suggests, is a beautiful gold shade. I fall in love with glitter shades almost immediately (I have tons in my makeup collection) so I just had to add this one to my collection too. I love using this to add that something special to my look.

Now, onto the main shopping trip, that took part today. I feel like I went everywhere, it took me a good few hours until I decided that I should give my bank card a rest for the day.

First I went into Boots (As you can guess, I love Boots), and bought onto a couple of things, but they are things that I have wanted for a while, so that is how I can justify buying them.

First I bought the NYX Proof It! waterproof mascara top coat (£5.50) which is something I have been lusting over since I learnt of its existence. It's supposed to make all your mascara waterproof (duh!). While I always buy waterproof mascaras if I can, I sometimes get mascaras in my beauty boxes which aren't waterproof, so I bought this top coat mascara so that hopefully I won't have to worry about panda eyes ever again!


Another product from NYX that I bought was one of their Intense Butter Glosses (£5.50) in the shade 'Spice Cake' which is a remotely dark purple colour. I only usually stick to barely there pinks and very nude colours so I felt rather brave about buying this product. But now that it is coming up for autumn, I thought it was definitely an appropriate time to buy this. I really do love this colour and can see myself using this a lot over the next few months.

Finally from Boots I bought myself a hair dye. Yes, I do dye my hair! Over the past year and a half I have had dyed purple hair, but now a new school year is beginning, I have decided to dye my hair red! Not ginger, but bright red! I bought the 'Real Red' Schwarzkopf Live Intense Colour hair dye (£4.49) which I actually bought with my Boots Advantage Points. I love this brand and it looks like an amazing colour so I can't wait to dye my hair again!

Then I went to The Body Shop. I shop there a lot now, so I actually had a £5 voucher to use in store. Own a ton of body mists and body butters and shower gels, etc. I had no idea what to buy. So I went to what I always love - the mini goodies that are ALWAYS on a 3 for 2 offer. So I bought the Mango hand cleanse gel (£2.50) - you all know how much I love hand gels, especially the scented ones. I can see myself carrying this around in my bag everyday.

I also bought the Pink Grapefruit hand cream (£4). Again, I have an obsession with hand creams as I get very naturally dry skin, and this will especially be useful with the colder days coming. I am also obsessed with the Pink Grapefruit scent. I have the body mist in the Pink Grapefruit scent and it is definitely the best scent that I own.


Finally from The Body Shop I bought one of their Honey scented lip balms (£2). I have wanted to own this lip balm for AGES - I love lip balms as I get very dry lips. While I don't really eat honey, I love love love the scent of honey (like I always use the Manuka Honey face masks from H&M) and it is very very moisturising on my lips and I bet I will be using this a lot.

So I was really impressed with everything from The Body Shop, and I was even more impressed when I only had pay £1.50 for it all!

I also went to Superdrug. I bought my friend something from their for her birthday (it's her birthday the same day as mine) so I won't mention what I bought for her just in case she's reading this (though I doubt she is!). But I bought a couple of other things that I have been wanting/needing for a while.

I bought another MUA blusher in the shade 'Cupcake' (£1) which is a slightly pinkish nude colour that is great for a natural look - and I love this blusher already! I could even say that it is similar to the Bare Minerals Ready Blush in the shade 'Whisper'. I love these MUA blushers and for only £1 they're definitely worth the money!


I also picked up one of the Collection moisturising lip butters in the shade 'Cappuccino' (£2.99). I have mentioned this in my posts before (I think it came up in one of my favourites posts before), as this is probably my favourite lip product ever! I needed to buy a new one as my current one is almost gone, so I wanted to buy a new one before this one ran out!

Finally, Superdrug had a 2 for £10 offer on all Rimmel products, and my Mum had mentioned that she wanted a lipstick from that brand (it happened to be the Kate Moss lipstick in the shade '08'). So I picked up that lipstick for her, and I picked up one of the Kate Moss lip balms that they finally had in stock! I've been wanting one of these for ages but they were always sold out in every shop I went in. So now I finally own one! For a lip balm, its not as moisturising as some cheaper alternatives but I do not regret buying it.

Next (don't worry, I'm almost done!), I went to Topshop. I usually only shop there if I have vouchers or there's a massive sale on, but I decided to have a look in there today just to see what they had in stock. And lucky me managed to walk in during their jewellery sale! I bought myself a really nice necklace that had changeable charms on it. This necklace only cost me £3, when the original price was £10! I was so happy with how much money I saved!


I also finally bought myself one of their lipsticks! I have always wanted to buy the 'Brighton Rock' lipstick (which is a bright pink) but I don't feel brave enough for that one yet. I am one for trying darker colours at the moment though, so I decided to go for the shade 'Beguiled' (£8) instead. This is actually a matte lipstick which I didn't notice until I bought it. Because I often get very dry lips, I try and avoid matte lipsticks as much as I can, but as long as I moisturise my lips well then I am sure that I might be able to wear this well. I really love this colour. It is a nice glittery purple toned brown, and I'm looking forward to wearing this with my little black dress on a night out for my birthday.

Finally, I went to T K Maxx. I love love love going to T K Maxx as most of the time I can find amazing deals on amazing brands (although sometimes I'm not quite as lucky). Today, I bought a few items that I am happy to now own. All are things that I have been looking for for quite a while.

The first item is a brush cleaning tool by the Vintage Cosmetic Company. It's made of silicon and it's a baby pink colour which is so cute. The RRP of this product was £5.95 but I bought it for the discounted price of £3.99. I have not used it yet but I am due to clean my brushes again soon, so I may write a review on the product once I have used it.


The second item is yet another lip balm. It is a LipSMACKER lip balm in the Split ice cream scent - which definitely is my most favourite ice cream! I love scented lip balms so I was desperate to own this once I saw it. I haven't actually tried this one out but I've used lip balms by this brand before so hopefully it keeps up to those standards. The RRP for this product was £2.50 but I bought it for a slightly cheaper price of £1.99.

The final item I bought in T K Maxx and the whole of my shopping trip is the Technic Colour Fix Cream Corrector Palette. This was supposed to be £4 but I bought it for only £2.99. I have used Technic products before and not always been a massive fan of them, but I have always been keen to try out this product since I first saw it. I have never really experimented with colour correcting products before so I feel like this is a great first product to start with.


So that was everything I bought in my end-of-Summer shopping trip. I hope you all didn't get too bored! If you own anything that I have mentioned in this post then make sure to let me know your opinions of them!

I'll be back with my August favourites post very soon today.

If you like my blog, make sure to subscribe/follow, comment and share with friends! Thank you!
Byeeeeee! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Contributors

Follow me on Twitter

www.twitter.com/OfficiaInstaura

Popular Posts