Makeup Products I Don't Really Like


Hello you beauties!

This is a post that I was supposed to write a few months ago, but decided to prolong it so that I would have more to write about. There hasn't really been many items that I haven't liked, but there are still a few so I'm still going to write this post for you all. I usually avoid being negative in my posts, but I suppose it doesn't hurt just this once to have something different on my blog.

1. Makeup Revolution Baked Highlighter
I think this is the one product that put me off using powder highlighters for a while. At first, it looks really pretty and it swatches great, but during application I found that there was a lot of fall-out (everything landed on my clothes rather than my skin!) and that it definitely just looked TOO purple. Maybe other people would have more luck with this product, but this is a product that definitely isn't right for me.

2. Natural Collection concealer
When I was younger, I used to only ever use Natural Collection makeup, thinking this brand was the best thing ever. But since I have started exploring with makeup more, I have found that, in general, Natural Collection makeup really isn't good at all. I struggled to find the right shade for me, as there were a limited range of shades anyway, but it was also very runny and hard to blend, and creased extremely easily under the eye after a few seconds. I would rather spend a bit more money on the Bourjois Radiance Reveal concealer, knowing that it'll do a good job.

3. Natural Collection bronzer
Again, another Natural Collection product. I hated this bronzer. No matter what brush I used, hardly any of the product would be picked up and it would take ages just to make any of the product seem visible on my skin. Whilst in the pan, it looks like a lovely light bronze-y colour, but once on the skin it actually turns disgustingly orange, which was often prominent around my neck and hairline. You might find it'd work better for you, but I will never be using this bronzer again.

4. Natural Collection mascaras
And yet again, another Natural Collection product! These were the only mascaras that I ever actually used, but I would never use them again as they hardly do anything. If you get the black ones, then they may add a little bit more colour but other than that, they do nothing! I suppose if you were going for a very natural look for your makeup then these mascaras will work great, but because I love adding extra length and volume to my lashes, then these mascaras just aren't right for me.

5. Velvet 59 liquid lipstick in the shade 'Pink Cadillac'
Liquid lipsticks are something that I don't really get along with well generally, but this is the one I hated the most. The colour is just WAY too bright and gross and just washes me out, and also the formula is dreadful. They're supposed to be matte products but they never actually dry out, they just get really sticky. Also, the lipstick is so incredibly runny that its just so hard to work with and leaves it looking streaky on your lips. No matter what I did or how hard I tried, I never once managed to get this lipstick to look right -  it's supposed to be worth around £16 but, honestly, I wouldn't even spend £1 on this product.

So they were the products that I do not really like. If you've had a more positive experience with these products then let me know. Or alternatively, also let me know any products that you don't really like either.

I'll be back on Wednesday with another post for you all.

If you liked this post then be sure to subscribe/follow, comment and share with your friends.
Byeeee!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Contributors

Follow me on Twitter

www.twitter.com/OfficiaInstaura

Popular Posts