Look Fantastic Beauty Box Review September 2016



Hello you beauties!

It's that time of the month again for my beauty box reviews. First up this month, as per usual, is the Look Fantastic box, who have given us all a great box for their birthday. As you all know, this is not necessarily my favourite subscription box out there as I feel it is too skincare heavy, but I am continuing with my subscription to it until next April, so hopefully we'll see some improvement in the box soon. 

Price of box is £11.25 per month (if 12 month subscription). No fee for P&P
There are 6 products in this month's box
          The brands included in this box are: Christophe Robin, Bliss, Argan Liquid Gold, Bareminerals, Lord & Berry, and Gatineau

For some reason, we didn't receive an Elle magazine like we usually do, but I never really read them anyway so I'm not that bothered about this.

The first item I pulled out of this month's box was the Lord & Berry Mini Strobing Pencil. Just recently, I have started to become very very interested in highlighters, and also contouring, so I love this addition to the box. It's very easy to use, and very creamy, and very easy to blend, while only giving a subtle shimmer. I find this highlight is brilliant for normal, everyday wear. 

The next item is a decent sized bottle of the Christophe Robin Purifying Shampoo, and while this is a brand that I have never really heard of before, I have done my research and it seems like a reasonably good brand. My hair is not the best, as I have probably mentioned before, so any hair product I receive I always try as soon as I possibly can. This is a product I haven't actually used yet, as I have tons of new hair products to try out, but as soon as I have an opinion on this Purifying Shampoo, I will let you all know. 

The third item in this box are the Gatineau Collagene Expert Eye Pads. I have a very busy life, again as I have mentioned before, so sleep is sometimes not something I focus on. There are often days where I look extremely run down, mainly because of those dreaded bags that settle themselves under my eyes too often. This can ruin any look, especially if you're wanting to go out and have a nice time with friends. These Eye Pads have been a lifesaver for me. Just one application of them helps me look and feel more refreshed in a matter of minutes, and I couldn't recommend them highly enough. 

The next product in this month's box is the Bliss Lemon and Sage Maximum Moisture Cream and I am extremely pleased with this product again this month. As the weather is getting colder, it means my skin is getting drier - especially on my hands- which means this product is the perfect addition to my collection. It smells great and is amazingly moisturising, and is the perfect size to slot into your handbag when you go out. Once this runs out, I may just have to go and buy some more. 

They also included the Argan Liquid Gold Multi-Tone BB Cream within the box, that I was originally excited to see but soon knew that I probably wasn't going to use it much. I love BB creams more than foundations as they are more lightweight and adapt to your skin tone, but I have had so many problems with this BB cream every time I have used it. It's extremely streaky and hard to blend, and also does definitely NOT adapt to your skin tone - this was at least 3 shades too dark for me and made me look like I had a horrible fake tan. I would definitely not recommend this product to you all. 

The last item in the box is the one we all knew would be in there before the month started, and probably the item I was most excited about. It is the Bareminerals Mini Moxi Lipstick in the shade 'Get Ready', which is a lovely sheer, creamy neutral lipstick which also smells great (aka doesn't smell like gross chemicals). The only downside is that when they say 'mini', they really do mean mini, as it is a tiny lipstick, and I worry that there is only enough of the product for a couple of applications. So at the moment I am using this lipstick sparingly, and hoping that I can find it somewhere for a decent price in the future. 

So that was this month's box. I think it is obvious that it is not always the products in the box that I'm not happy with, it's mainly the fact that the products we're given are such tiny samples (which I don't feel is worth £11.25 a month) and the fact that the boxes are so skincare heavy. But overall I am quite pleased with this box and I hope that they continue to get better from there. 

I'll be back on Saturday with another post for you all.

If you like my blog, be sure to subscribe/follow, comment, and share with friends. Thank you!
Byeeee!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Contributors

Follow me on Twitter

www.twitter.com/OfficiaInstaura

Popular Posts