Monthly Favourites August 2016

Hello you beauties!

I really can't believe how quickly this year is going. It feels like only yesterday I started this blog, and I've actually been posting on this blog for just over 4 months now! Time really is flying!

Since it is the 1st September, it is only appropriate to tell you all about what I was loving last month!

1. Lip balms
I don't know about you, but I usually get really really dry lips. I hate when this happens, as sometimes it effects my lipstick and then I get really frustrating and usually feel like screaming. So I've really been loving lip balms this month. I have such a massive collection of lip balms now which have pretty much kept me calm recently. I especially love scented lip balms, especially sweet scents.

2. Benefit Porefessional Face Primer
I'm not sure if I've mentioned this product before, but I really have been loving this primer so much. I'm pretty new when it comes to primers, and before I just had a primer/moisturiser by Nivea, but the formula of this Benefit one feels like a better base than a moisturising primer does (the moisturising ones can make your face feel greasy).

3. Soap and Glory Archery Brow Tint and Pencil in the shade 'Love is Blonde'
I always struggle to find decent brow products that don't make my brows look crazy. While I'm a natural blonde, my eyebrows are slightly darker than you'd expect, so sometimes blonde eyebrow products are no use at all, but light brown products are still much too dark. However, this product is just right! The colour isn't too harsh for my brows, but is easily blendable so I can have my brows as light or as dark as I want without my brows looking stupid.

4. Scented hand creams
As I have probably mentioned before, I get very dry skin on my hands, so hand creams are products that I am ALWAYS carrying around with me. I especially love scented ones, and I recently bought a pink grapefruit scented one from The Body Shop (see my previous post). Not only do they really smooth my skin, they also smell great and makes the chore of applying them multiple times a day much more pleasurable.

5. Historical films and TV shows
Everyone who knows me knows that I am a massive history geek. I often wish that I lived in the past rather than now, so I enjoy spending time watching period dramas. My favourites recently have included 'The Tudors', 'The Young Victoria' and 'The Duchess'. Not only are they great to watch, but can also be very educational as they teach you what life was like in different periods of history.

6. Hell's Kitchen
I have actually become obsessed with this TV show this past month. Watching this show was the highlight of every week for me - my Wednesday nights were not complete without watching this. It is packed with dramas, laughs and sad moments, keeps you on the edge of your seat and helps you to root for your favourite. This is one show that everyone should watch.

So those were my favourites for August. While it has been a long and fun-filled month, I haven't really tried many news things, or done many different things than I usually would do. Hopefully next month I would be able to talk to you about many more things, but until then I hope you enjoyed reading my favourites for August.

I'll be back on Saturday with another post for you all!

If you like my blog, make sure to subscribe/follow, comment and share with friends! Thank you!
Byeeeeee! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Contributors

Follow me on Twitter

www.twitter.com/OfficiaInstaura

Popular Posts