My Little Box Beauty Box Review April 2016




Hello you beauties!

Welcome back to my blog, and today I have another beauty box review for you all. This time it is the 'My Little Box' beauty box that I am reviewing. I was really excited when my first box arrived that I used everything straight away and wrote this post pretty much straight away. 

Price of box is £11 per monthAnd £3.95 P&P
There are 5 products in this month's box
If all full-sized products, this box would be worth £57
The brands included in this box are: My Little Beauty, Nails Inc and L'Occitane 

Pop-Up Garden (£7) (rating 4/5)
I love the fact that this beauty box is not just a beauty box, but a lifestyle box too. This is the first item I pulled out of the box. I thought it was really, really cute and I can’t wait to start using it. I’ve been a bit hopeless with plants in the past so I’m hoping that the pure cuteness of this product will convince me to take better care of plants now I’m older. Or maybe not, but we’re never going to know unless I try.

Travel Pouch for Lingerie (£13) (rating 3/5)
I am not sure what I will do with this pouch, as it is quite a bit smaller than I imagined it to be, and I also do not travel a lot. Because of the size, I do not know how they can justify charging £13 for this product - I would pay £5 maximum. I don’t really feel like I could give this as a gift (it might be a bit inappropriate) but I suppose I could find a use for it, even if I don’t use it for… *cough cough*... lingerie. I suppose the idea of this product is very sweet though, and I really love the design.

L'Occitane Cherry Blossom Bath & Shower Gel (given 75ml worth £5.75.. 250ml costs £15) (rating 4/5)
I love scented Bath & Shower Gels and I have heard this brand is amazing (although I have never used any of their products before) so I was extremely excited to see this in the box. I was really hoping to get the rose scented one, but received the cherry blossom one instead. I was hoping it wouldn’t smell too strongly of cherries, as I really hate them (except black cherries) but I was happy to find that it did smell rather flowery and perfume-y instead. It left my skin feeling very soft after use and the scent even lingered for a while afterwards.

Nails. Inc London Nail Varnish (10ml for £11) (rating 4.5/5)
I have heard many good things about this brand. I love nail varnishes, but usually only buy cheaper ones (like the Essence ones from Wilko’s for £1.60) but when I received this in the box, I was so excited. The colour is a deep plum shade, and if anyone knows me well then they know then they know that I love purple. Because this is a darker shade, I feel like it will be better for autumn and winter rather than spring or summer, so it might not be appropriate yet for a few months but I am still going to try this as soon as I possibly can.

Update: This is a good nail varnish but I don't see much difference from this to the Essence ones. I love the colour though. But I'll probably just stick with the Essence nail varnishes for a much lower price.
Update: This is actually rubbish. Whilst the colour is brilliant, I let this dry completely but it still chipped within half an hour of application. I will never buy this product again.

My Little Beauty Rosy Mornings Detoxifying Mask (50ml for £11) (rating 5/5)
This is from the company’s own beauty brand, and while I’ve always been excited about but slightly disappointed that I won’t be able to buy anything from this brand yet (as they don’t deliver to the UK). The bottle is smaller than I thought it would be, but I realised that when you’re putting it on, you hardly need to use any so this small bottle is going to last me for a while. At first this product is a white cream, but when rubbed into the skin it turns a corally colour. Both the bottle and the colour of the cream suggests that  it should smell like peaches but it smells kind of like chocolate orange (I am not complaining, I love the smell of chocolate orange). I love this product as it made my skin really smooth and I will probably buy this product again.

Update: This has to be the best face mask I have ever used. I have started to use this every other night though for a little 'me time' as I do not usually have a lot of time to use face masks. The skin on my face has never felt so smooth (despite the different face masks and moisturisers I have used in the best). This is a product I definitely recommend that you try.

I hope you enjoyed this review and I will be back tomorrow with my April Favourites!

Thank you!!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Contributors

Follow me on Twitter

www.twitter.com/OfficiaInstaura

Popular Posts