5 Books You Should Read This Summer



Hello you beauties!

Summer is definitely here and with college now over until September, I am planning on reading a LOT of books. Do you enjoy reading too? Do you want recommendations on what to read? Then here is my book recommendations to you for this summer.


1) The Harry Potter series by J K Rowling
Who doesn't love Harry Potter!? Let J K Rowling take you to another world this summer with young Harry Potter and his friends as they battle evil and create friendships with all sorts of people. However, don't expect to be able to read the whole series this summer. Maybe just 2 or 3 books.


2) Am I Normal Yet by Holly Bourne
This is one of those books that talks about the harder topics (anxiety, OCD, therapy etc) but it really is a book that I have been loving recently. I have really found sympathy for the main character Evie, and I have been hooked the whole way through.


3) Suite Francaise by Irène Némirovsky
Everyone has heard of this book, turned into a film. And honestly, it was one of the best books I have ever read. It has a beautiful story to it (don't worry, I won't ruin anything!) and has amazingly developed characters. Whilst it was not one of the easiest books I have ever read, I will definitely admit that it was worth the read.


4) The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
I am sure that everyone has heard of Fitzgerald and the character of Gatsby. I studied it a few times for my English Literature A Level, and I know a lot of people who hated this book after studying it, but honestly it is one of my favourite books ever. It's not too long either so it is perfect for the summer.


5) Girl Online by Zoella (Zoe Sugg)
I have seen people with mixed opinions about this book. I personally love this, and think that Zoe has done a brilliant job with writing it. I love the storyline (again, I'll not provide any spoilers!) and the characters are very developed and strong. I loved it so much that I bought the second one and loved that too! So make sure you read this book this summer!

So that was a very short recommendation list for you all! I could definitely recommend more books than this but if I did, we'd be here all day and I know you don't have time for that!

I hope that you all enjoyed this post and I'll be back on Saturday with another post for you all!

If you like my blog, make sure to subscribe/follow, comment and share with friends! Thank you!
Byeeeeee!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Contributors

Follow me on Twitter

www.twitter.com/OfficiaInstaura

Popular Posts