My Makeup Brush Collection 2016


Hello you beauties!

I am back today with another blog post for you all. This time I am telling you about my make-up brush collection. At the beginning of this month, I bought a whole new set of makeup brushes which I use everyday, so these are the brushes that I will be talking to you about today.

However, before I bought these brushes, I used a makeup brush set from the brand 'Pretty in Pink' that can be found at Argos for only £12.99. However, now that I am slowly getting more serious about my makeup, I decided that I needed to buy better quality brushes.

So I have been saving up for a while, and I have finally bought myself 12 Real Techniques brushes, all from Superdrug! So here is my brush collection - enjoy!


First I bought myself the Core Collection set, which is a set of 4 brushes for £20.99, so averaging at £5.25 per brush. This set comes with a case/stand for these brushes. I don't actually use this as I keep my brushes in a pale green small-ish bucket/tin that I bought for £2 from Tiger, though I am planning on keeping these cases for when I am travelling and taking my make-up with me.


In this set, there is the pointed foundation brush. The brush feels soft and looks like it could be good to use. I have not actually used this brush yet, but the cashier at the till told me it is a good brush, but because it is small, she finds it takes her a while to apply her foundation using this. I will try it myself and let you know what I think.

Also in this set, I have a detailer brush, which is a very small brush that I usually use to apply my concealer before I blend with my finger. It is a very small brush which is perfect for getting right around the eyes, and applying it in areas that may be more difficult to apply with larger brushes. This brush can also be used for your lips, but I wouldn't use it for that personally as I hate using brushes for my lips.

Next is a buffing brush, which is said to be perfect for application of powder and mineral foundations. As I use neither of those, then I have not used this brush for its intended purpose. I have, however, tried using this brush to blend in my concealer, except from around my eyes, and I suppose this brush is pretty good for that.

Finally in this set is a contour brush. Yes! Finally, I have a contour brush! I have always wanted one of these. I bought myself the Seventeen 'Define and Conquer' Contour kit last month but never really had a brush to use this with so I never used this. This brush is nice and small-ish and rounded so it is great to use if you're a beginner to contour just like I am.

The next set that I have is the Eye Makeup Brush Starter Set, which is a set of 5 brushes that also costs £20.99, therefore each brush averages at £4.20 each. Again, this set comes with a case that I have kept to one side for travel.

The first brush in this set is the Deluxe Crease Brush which, as the name states, is to use with eyeshadow in the crease. At first, this brush looks scarily big and you'd feel like your eyes are just not going to look right, but it's actually pretty easy to use and I prefer it more than I do other eyeshadow brushes that I have used. I usually use this brush with my glitter/shimmer eyeshadows.

Next is another eyeshadow brush - the base shadow brush. Again, as this name suggests, it is for your base eyeshadow. I choose to use this brush with my matte shades that I apply all over my lid. This brush is smaller than the crease brush but is so easy to use, offers great coverage for your lid and is extremely soft.

Next is the accent brush, which is supposedly used to highlight certain areas of your eyes. I sometimes (aka very rarely) use this brush to add a very nude and pale shade of eyeshadow near my tear duct. Other than that, I never use this brush.

Then there is a pixel point eyeliner brush. If you have been reading this blog for a while now, you will know that I hardly ever use eyeliner - basically almost never. Also this brush is quite thick so I feel like it will be even more difficult to apply it with this brush than I already find it. Therefore, I will probably not get much use out of this brush.

The last brush in this set is the brow brush. Again, if you've been reading this blog for a while you will know that I cannot leave the house without doing my brows! It's just something I find is essential in my life. I own the Maybelline Master Brow Pro Palette and I usually use the little double ended angle brush in this set, but since I bought this Real Techniques set, I have used this brow brush everyday for the powder. It is so soft and so easy to use that I don't understand why I haven't bought this before now!

The next 3 brushes I bought are all individually bought. None of these had any form of case with them.


The first is probably everyone's favourite Real Techniques brush. Yes, that's right, I'm talking about the expert face brush! This cost just £8.99, and I now use this for my liquid foundation, which I guess is what everyone uses this for. I find that this is much easier to use than my foundation brush from Wilko's, and so I would definitely recommend that you buy this brush for yourself!


The second brush is the powder brush. This cost me £10.99, and I find this brush is an essential for my makeup look. I always use powder, and I use the Rimmel Stay Matte powder in the shade 'Translucent'. This brush picks up the powder really well and helps to create that flawless, matte finish.


Finally, this has to be my most favourite brush that I have ever owned. It is the Real Techniques blush brush, which cost me £9.99. This brush is actually amazing! It has a very rounded shape which I find is brilliant for applying my powder blushers, and is extremely, extremely soft. Is it weird that a lot of the time I just sit stroking this brush on my face!? I am in love with this brush! Please please please, everyone go and buy it!

So this is my complete brush collection, and I hope the pictures prove to you just how amazing the brushes are. The total came to £70.95 altogether (I got £1 off from my Superdrug Health & Beauty Card), and even though it seems like a lot of money at first, the quality of these brushes means that it is definitely worth the price. I couldn't recommend these highly enough!

I will be back on Wednesday with another blog post for you all.

If you like my blog, make sure to subscribe/follow, comment and share with friends! Thank you!
Byeeeeee!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Contributors

Follow me on Twitter

www.twitter.com/OfficiaInstaura

Popular Posts