Best Christmas Beauty Gift Sets of 2017


Hello you beauties!

Christmas is less than a month away already and I know a lot of people may have already done their Christmas shopping but I know there will also be some people who still need some ideas. I haven't actually needed to buy anything beauty gifts this year (as the only person I've actually really bought anything for this year is my boyfriend).

I have seen some really good gift sets though which I know I would love to receive myself so I wanted to share these with you all.

From searching around Boots and Superdrug mainly, I feel like my favourite gift sets are definitely from the brands Makeup Revolution, No7, Soap and Glory, and Sleek.

The Makeup Revolution gift sets (available in Superdrug) definitely seem to be worth the money - most of them only being £15 each. Most of these include a palette of some form, with a couple of brushes, or a sponge, or maybe a fixing spray of some sort. These are great because the palettes are so large so they accommodate for everyone- no matter what shade you need, it'll probably be there for you. They have all sorts of different types of these sets - such as sculpting palettes, contour, strobing and highlighting, brows (whatever you want, you name it). You definitely get a lot for just £15 and I know I would love it if I opened one of these on Christmas Day.

Soap and Glory (available in Boots) has always been well-known by every beauty lover and always impresses with their Christmas gifts each year. Again, they're really affordable too, usually being priced between £10 and £30 (although if you want to spend a little bit more on a certain friend or family member then they have more expensive gift sets too). These gift sets, in my opinion, would probably be best for someone who loves skincare as these are very skincare heavy, even though some do feature some of the brand's makeup. I haven't tried much of their skincare (and only a bit of their makeup) but from my own personal experience with the brand, I can easily say that these sets are worth the money. My favourites are the 'Pick & Spritz', 'Pout-y Popper' and 'Glow Ball'.

Most of the best gift sets seem to be from Boots this year and it's been nice to explore Boots again recently as I've been spending most of my time and money in Superdrug (probably because of my ongoing obsession with Makeup Revolution). Boots have definitely outdone Superdrug this year with their gift sets and so I want to share some more of them with you.

Sleek have produced some good gift sets this year, with their focus mainly being on their matte liquid lipsticks (also known as 'Matte Me') and their eyeshadow palettes. Their famous highlighter palette, Solstice, is also in a few of their sets. I've used one of their 'Matte Me' lipsticks before, in the shade 'Birthday Suit', and I also own the Solstice highlighter palette and even though it's only a couple of the brand's products, I do really like this brand. And from the quality of these products, I would happily purchase more from them. I have heard great things about their eyeshadow palettes too, so these gift sets are definitely great for any makeup lover. They're very affordable too as each set is priced between £10 and £30. My only problem with the Sleek sets though is the fact that a lot of them only have mini versions of the product in it. And I know you probably are still getting your monies worth with the set even if the products are miniature but I always think the best thing about any gift set is being able to get full sized products in it for such a decent price.

Even though there are many, many other brand's gift sets I could talk about, the final brand I'm going to be mentioning today is No7. This is a brand I have used a lot in the past (and I do still use sometimes now) and although I wouldn't say they're the best brand I've ever used, they're definitely not the worst and I do like owning their products and will continue to use them. Their sets are so nice this year too, and seem really sophisticated while also being a really thoughtful gift. There is a great mix of makeup and skincare so you can find anything for anyone, whether they prefer skincare or makeup you will be able to find the perfect gift for them. These gift sets from this brand are pricier than the others as No7 is considered to be on the more expensive end of the spectrum when it comes to the prices of drugstore makeup. There are some items less than £10 but a lot are priced between £20 and £40. I personally really like the look of the 5-in-1 brow palette and their limited edition illuminating palette.

So these were just a few Christmas gifts that I've liked the look of this year. Obviously there are many other great ones, such as from NYX, FCUK and Jack Wills but we'd be here for a very very long time if I was going to tell you every single Christmas gift that caught my eye. Have you bought any beauty Christmas gifts for any friends/family yet?

I'll be back next week with another post for you all.
Byeee!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Contributors

Follow me on Twitter

www.twitter.com/OfficiaInstaura

Popular Posts