Monthly Favourites May 2016


Hello you beauties!


So another month has gone, and it’s time for my monthly favourites post again. So, enjoy!



1. H&M face masks (£1.99)
These have been mentioned on one of my haul posts before today. I bought a few at the beginning of the month and have pretty much reused them all - I have even re-purchased a few since then. I mainly love the peel-off masks, though I have not been a fan of the self-warming ones! They have been great for my skin at the moment, especially the Tea Tree one, as I have been having problems with blemishes and spots a lot recently.



2. Essence nail polishes (£1.60 each)
I have always been a fan of adding a bit of colour to your nails, but have not wanted to spend a lot of money on just one because I usually only wear them for a couple of days before removing it (due to work). So when I discovered the brand Essence and saw their nail polishes for such a cheap price, I thought I would try them out. I only bought a couple at first, but loved them and now I own almost 1 of every colour they offer! You can mix and match them too, and I often wear more than one. They are great quality and hardly ever chip and I have found myself using them a lot over the past month.



3. Lip Crayons (Ranging in price depending on the brand)
Back when I was first experimenting with make-up at the age of 11 (way back in 2008), I used to only use cheap lip gloss, most which I accumulated free from magazines, and then when I was 12 I purchased my first lipstick. Ever since then, I have only used lip balms or lip sticks. Within the past year, I discovered lip crayons and since then I have found myself with so many in my possession that they're pretty much all I use now. They're quick and easy to use, and add brilliant colour. My favourite include the brands Collection (their lip butters cost around £2.99 each), Rimmel London (See my previous post for a whole section about their colour balms retailing at around £5.99 each) and MAC (their PatentPolish Lip Crayons cost a hefty £17.50 each).



4. Maybelline Master Brow Pro Palette in the shade 'Soft Brown' (£6.99)
I have mentioned this in two posts before now, the previous one about my top 10 under £10 and my massive haul! I am keen to experiment with products for my eyebrows, and since not having much success with the Rimmel London eyebrow pencils, I have found myself reaching for this product most days over this past month. I know I haven't owned their product for very long, but I can see myself using this for months to come.


  

5. Beauty Boxes (Look Fantastic - £11.25 p/m; My Little Box - £14.95 p/m; Look Incredible - £20.49 p/m)
You should all know by now that in April I subscribed to my first ever beauty box, the Look Fantastic one. While overall I have been disappointed with the two boxes I have received (although other people may love them), I have to keep with it as I have a 12 month subscription that I cannot cancel. I have read the sneak peek for the June box though, and that has me really excited.
The second box I subscribed for was the My Little Box beauty box, and I signed up for this just days after the Look Fantastic one. I was keen to subscribe as this box offers lifestyle items as well as just beauty and skin care. So far, I have been extremely impressed with this box and I am excited to receive my June box already.
The third box was one that I was never really meant to subscribe too, but after seeing all of the amazing reviews about it, I knew I just had to! It is the Look Incredible beauty box, which offers 5 full sized products a month for only £18.99 (plus £2.50 P&P). This box has included brands such as MAC, NARS, Korres etc, in the past. Even though I have only received one box of this subscription so far, I am excited to see what the future boxes bring to my life.



6. Netflix Original Show 'Orange is the New Black' (Netflix monthly subscriptions start at £6.99 a month)
Unfortunately, if you don't have Netflix then it will be hard for you to legally watch and follow this show. I will admit, I mainly purchased my Netflix subscription just so I could watch OITNB, and I am glad I did. This show has started a few years ago, but in light of the next season being dropped in June, I decided to watch seasons 1-3 again. I always have loved this show and found it to be a great show to watch to relax during this stressful exam period. I will not go into detail about what this show is about, but this series is based off of a real life story. I am excited for the new season to be dropped and I am sure you will hear my opinion of it soon.

So that was my monthly favourites post for May! Again, short but sweet. I am loving a lot of things this month, so it will be impossible to put them all into one post (okay, it is possible but it'll be extremely long and boring for you all) so this is just a selection of things that I am loving. Mainly the things I am loving the most.

There will be another monthly favourites post for June this time next month, but until then I will continue to bring you all a post every Wednesday and Saturday (at 9am if I can!).

Thank you!!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Contributors

Follow me on Twitter

www.twitter.com/OfficiaInstaura

Popular Posts