My Everyday Make-Up look!


Hello you beauties!

I am the sort of person that cannot leave the house without wearing make-up, unless I am going to work. I usually use the same products every day, and often the same look everyday, so I thought I would bring you a post telling you my everyday make-up routine/look! Enjoy!

1. The first step will be to apply a spritz of my Makeup Revolution Fixing Spray (£6), While it is a setting spray, I do find that it really helps to hold your make-up if applied under the primer base as well as over the top of your powder.

2. I then apply my oh-so-loved Nivea Daily Essentials Hydration Primer (£4.99) as a base for my make-up. If I'm honest, this is the only primer I have ever tried so I can't claim that it is the best, but I do think that it does a pretty good job. I will be open to trying other ones in the future but I am pretty happy sticking to this one for now.

3. I then apply my foundation, and I use the Rimmel London Wake Me Up Anti-Fatigue Foundation (£8.99), which is know is also popular among YouTubers such as Zoe Sugg and Louise Pentland. This is the first foundation I used as I was scared to try foundation, worried that I'd end up over-doing it. But I found this foundation is really easy to use, and I now use it pretty much everyday to try and create a flawless look.

4. Next I apply concealer. I know some people like to apply their concealer before their foundation, but I find that I can offer myself better coverage if I apply concealer afterwards. I use the Makeup Revolution Cover and Conceal Palette (£6) and while not all the shades are perfect, it is really easy to mix different shades to create something that you want and I find myself using this religiously on any spots/blemishes and under-eye bags.

5. Then, I decide to apply my blusher. I never really used to wear blusher, but have decided to experiment more with it now and I am actually loving it! I find myself switching between the Makeup Revolution Ultra Blush Palette in Hot Spice (£6) which offers 8 different shades from brighter, lighter pinks to darker, more toned down pinks, to even a coral shade. Even though they're really pigmented, they don't stand out immensely which creates the perfect look. I am also enjoying using my beloved bareMinerals READY blush (£22) in the shade the Whisper, which is a very toned down, neutral shade, and I usually use this on my more natural, barely there, days.  While it's more expensive - over 3 times the price for only one shade!- it really is good quality and will see myself buying their blushers again in the future.

6. Then, it is time for the eyebrows! I used to use pencils, but found they could be tricky as the shades weren't always perfect for my eyebrows, so I recently invested in the Maybelline Master Brow Pro Palette (£6.99) in the shade Soft Brown. I am extremely pleased with this product and it's so easy to use. I find myself reaching for it everyday now.

7. Now, I would apply my eye primer onto my lids ready for my eyeshadow. Usually I use the GOSH Prime 'n' Refresh Illuminating Roll-On Eye Primer (£7.99), which is great and helps my eyeshadow to stay perfect for a few hours and it is still easy for me to apply my eyeshadow. It does crease, however, after a few hours, but it's better than I expected. However, I also often use the Korres Anti-Ageing Eye Primer (£15). This primer is easy to apply and blend, and I sometimes only apply this without putting eyeshadow on top and it gives a little colour and light to my eyes. It's not amazingly easy to apply your eyeshadow on top, but I find this works even better than the GOSH one does. I can go hours wearing my makeup and not having to top up my make-up and most of the time when I return home 8 hours later, my eyeshadow is almost as perfect when I return as when I went out.

8. Then I apply my eyeshadow which is my favourite part of my whole routine. I only ever use the Makeup Revolution Flawless Palette (£8) with 32 shades. With such a huge array of shades on offer, I can create countless combination looks just from the one palette. I usually use a plain neutral shade on the whole of my lid, and then a glitter shade down near my eyelashes which I then blend out. Having not even dared use glitter eyeshadows in the past, this palette is really helping me to try something new.

9. What better way to complete your eye make-up than the perfect mascara!? My favourite mascara, and also usually my go-to mascara is the Maybelline The Colossal Go Extreme Volum' Waterproof Mascara (£6.99). I prefer waterproof mascaras as I find that they stay put a lot longer than non-waterproof ones, and that's useful because I am on the move A LOT. This mascara also adds great volume and a lot of colour to your lashes.

10. Next it is time for my lips. This, I find is always the hardest part of the whole look. Do I go for a matte look or stick to gloss? Do I wear lipstick or use a lip crayon? Will this go with my lip liner or should I just not bother with that today? So many questions, so much choice. Usually, I go for my Collection Work The Colour Lip Butter (£2.99) in the shade Cappuccino which is a very basic but subtle neutral shade for my lips. I am also loving my Essence Long-Lasting Lipstick (£2.30) in the shade Natural Beauty which is a very toned down pink, perfect for that pop of colour that isn't over the top.

11. Finally, I finish with any spritz of the Makeup Revolution Fixing Spray, and then a light dusting of my Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder (£3.99) in the shade Translucent. This has to be the best powder I have ever used. It does exactly what it promises, and does not get patchy at all. I would highly recommend this product, and it creates the perfect finish to my look.

So that is my daily look.

Overall, my everyday make-up look totals £68.24 - £91.94! Wow! A lot more than I expected!

Maybe one day I will be brave enough to upload a picture of me wearing that look, but for now I will leave you with this post and your vivid imaginations. I hope you all enjoyed reading this and I will be back on Wednesday with another post for you all.

Thank you!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Contributors

Follow me on Twitter

www.twitter.com/OfficiaInstaura

Popular Posts