Massive Haul! - Boots, Superdrug, Yankee Candle, H&M, Tiger, Tesco...



Hello you beauties!

Well, you'll never guess what I've been up to... I've been out shopping again! But this time I actually went into the shops rather than looking online and I honestly love this experience sometimes - it's often just so satisfying walking out of the shop carrying a bag full of products you treated yourself to with your hard earned cash!

So this may seem a lot - hence the title - but I did buy this all over a couple of weeks, not just in one day!



First I went into Tiger, which is honestly now my favourite non-beauty related store ever! I didn't buy much from here, just a Makeup Organiser for £3. This is very handy... It has 9 slots within it to store your makeup, so I use it for my favourite lipsticks and lip crayons and place it next to my jewellery box. This is definitely great value for money. 



Next, I had a wander over to the Yankee Candle store. Now... I have a bit of a problem. I have, like I do with makeup, a small addiction to candles. And by small I mean massive. I have a box packed full of candles, and I can't even fit the lid on properly. I really should be getting down these first, but that didn't stop me from buying 4 new candles while at the Yankee Candle store. I bought a votive holder (for £3.99) and 4 votive candles (at £1.80 each), in the scents 'Black Cherry', 'Midsummer's Night', 'Pink Dragon Fruit' and 'Mango Peach Salsa'. These are very spring-like scents and I am extremely excited to try these out. 

Then I went to Boots, and oh boy it was hard to control myself in there! There were so many beautiful beauty products that I wanted to buy but I had to limit myself. I only bought a few things over three different visits which is very surprising for me, as I usually go to Superdrug for most of my beauty items instead (as I find it is usually cheaper as Superdrug often puts on more deals).



On the first occasion, I bought the Seventeen 'Define&Conquer' contour kit in the shade light-medium for £5.99. These powders are highly pigmented and therefore great for contour (as was the creator's intention). I have only used it a couple of times now, but this product works extremely well. I would definitely recommend it to you (bonus, the packaging looks like NARS products). The second and final item I bought during that visit was another Seventeen product (as the offer was buy one get one half price), so I bought the Seventeen 'Clear Definition' mascara which, as you can guess, is a clear mascara. I mainly bought this to use on my brows once my Maybelline brow mascara actually runs out. I also use it on my bottom eyelashes and also after I have curled my eyelashes and it holds them great. Full price, this item costs £4.69 but due to the offer, I only paid c.£2.35 for this product.


The second occasion was much more exciting, if I'm honest. I had a £10 voucher to spend, so this time I was willing to buy some products from brands I don't usually buy from. The first item I picked up was an Essie nail polish in the shade 'Sunday Funday' which when it's in the bottle I would describe it as being a corally pink colour, but on my nails it looks almost neon pink with a hint of glitter in it. I do love it though, and this product costs £7.99. The second item I picked up was a Revlon ColourBurst Lacquer Balm in the shade 'Demure', and this also costs £7.99. This is a brilliant pink colour and it has an amazing scent of mint to it (possibly my most favourite scent ever!). I usually use this product to create a natural look (it has amazing colour pay-off) and I would definitely recommend this product to you.



My third visit shows a clear trend between my visits. I seem to only ever pick up two items during my trip to Boots, but that means I can build up my make-up collection slowly but in an affordable fashion. On my third visit. they had a buy one get one half price offer on all Maybelline products. So the first item I picked up was the Maybelline 'Master Brow Pro Palette' in the shade 'soft brown'. This product has a wax, powder and highlighter, and I am excited to try it out. I am only used to using the Rimmel London eyebrow pencils so I wanted to try out something new, and for only £6.99 I thought this was perfect. I only paid £3.49 for this product, however, due to the offer. The second product I picked up was the so 'raved' about Maybelline 'Lash Sensational mascara', the waterproof one,  in the shade 'Black'. I have heard so many great things about this mascara, especially from Zoella, and I was keen to try it. I haven't tried it yet, but when I do try it, I will let you know my opinion. This product cost me £7.99.

Now, onto H&M. I only ever seem to buy one thing - face masks. But they're a great price and with a great range of scents...it is easy to love these masks.



During my first trip, I bought 3 of these face masks at £1.99 each. I bought the scents 'Dead Sea Minerals', 'Manuka Honey' and 'Kiwi and Watermelon'. The 'Kiwi and Watermelon' was a self-warming mask, which I wasn't a huge fan of and I probably will not buy this one again. The scent was quite nice though and it worked pretty well. The 'Dead Sea Minerals' one was to soothe tired skin, but this is not the best for sensitive skin as it caused a mini-breakout on my skin so I will not be buying this one again. My favourite was the 'Manuka Honey' one, which had a great scent and it actually seemed like you were putting honey on your face. It worked amazingly well on my skin, and it was a peel off mask so I found it easier to take off at the end. I loved this one so much that I bought another one during my next trip...


On my second trip to H&M, I bought 2 more face masks, in the scents 'Manuka Honey' and 'Tea Tree', again at £1.99 each. Both are peel off masks, but of different scents. I have not tried the 'Tea Tree' one yet, but I am excited to try it. And of course, as the 'Manuka Honey' one is my favourite, I decided to buy another one as a treat.
I also decided to buy myself a double make-up pencil sharper (for thick and thin pencils) as I do not actually own one and the fact it had a cover over the top to catch the sharpenings was more appealing to me as it meant I didn't have to find a bin every time I used it (or I could still use it even if I would struggle to find a bin). This cost me £2.99. 


Next I went to what is probably my most favourite store ever! Which, as you can probably guess is Superdrug (as I buy a lot from there now). They have a lot of offers on at the moment because of the 5 year anniversary of their health & beauty card (which of course I own) so I definitely decided to take advantage of it. With the L'Oreal Paris make-up, they had a buy one get one half priced offer, and I've always wanted to try out their products. So, their lipsticks all cost £6.99 each, so with the offer I paid £10.48 all together for both lipsticks, which is a brilliant steal! I bought the 'Julianne's Nude' lipstick, which is a brilliant pink shade that is extremely subtle which is why they classed it almost as a nude, and the other was called 'Sepia Silk' which is a very nice brown nude colour, which loves brilliant for a natural look. I love them both and they are very highly pigmented and help create a great look. 


Finally, I made my way over to Tesco. I know, not that exciting, but I love buying skincare products from there as I've found it cheaper than other places, especially for Nivea products, which are always my go-to skincare. First, I bought 2 boxes of T-Zone 6 Clear Out Nose Pore Strips. I have never used these before, but saw on Louise Pentland's YouTube channel (Sprinkleofglitter) that she recommended the Biore nose pore strips. These T-Zone ones, however, are much cheaper than the Biore ones at only £3 a box. These are great and work just as well as I expected them to. 

Next I bought some Nivea 3 in 1 Gentle Cleansing Wipes for dry skin. I always use these wipes and they're very great for my skin. I would definitely recommend them for dry skin as they don't dry your skin out even more, and for only £1.50 for 25 wipes, you can't go wrong!

I then bought the Garnier Soothing 2 in 1 make-up remover. I will admit to you all, I am quite 'naughty' sometimes and use my Nivea cleansing wipes to remove my make-up when I know I shouldn't. So I decided to buy this make-up remover to actually do things properly. I thought this was great for only £2.



Next I bought the Witch Blemish Stick for only £2.50. I have been having problems lately with spots and blemishes due to stress, so I thought I would try this product out to see if I can tame that a bit. I haven't had much success with these yet, but I will keep you updated. 

Finally, I bought a Tinted Moisturising Day Cream! I haven't owned a tinted moisturiser for quite a while now, but I feel like this will be better as the weather warms up rather than using foundation. It gives me that extra colour to my skin but is not as heavy as foundation. It is amazingly pigmented and is greatly moisturising. I always love the Nivea moisturisers and for the discounted price of £1.74, I did not feel guilty for treating myself. 

Wow! That was a long haul! If you've read down to this part, then you get 10 brownie points! It took ages to write it so if you did read it all then thank you very very much! Hopefully I'll bring you individual reviews of these products at some point. 

I'll be back on Saturday with another post for you (maybe this will be a sneaky little beauty box review for you!). 

Thank you!!!








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Contributors

Follow me on Twitter

www.twitter.com/OfficiaInstaura

Popular Posts