CC/BB Creams vs Foundations: Summer



Hello you beauties!

Even though I live in England and everyone knows that the weather isn't always the best, but there are times where it is warmer than usual. Sometimes I feel like foundations are too heavy for the warmer weather. So what should I do instead?

I've found that CC or BB creams are a better option for those warmer days. Whenever I wear foundation during the warmer hours, I often feel like my face is melting off and my foundation begins to irritate my skin and feel sticky. So I want something lighter for my skin that still offers coverage. And CC and BB creams definitely do that - although they don't offer as much coverage as foundations but they offer enough for it to still feel comfortable.

Admittedly I don't actually own that many CC and BB creams as when I find ones I like, I prefer to just stick to those as I use foundations for most of the year and don't want to spend a lot of money on products I do not use much.

My favourite CC cream is definitely the Max Factor CC Cream. It offers a great coverage and you can barely feel it on your skin, meaning it is perfect for when the weather is warmer. However, there are not many shades in the range - I think I only found 3, those being 'fair', 'medium' and 'dark'. I am a considerably pale person so I thought that the 'fair' shade would be the best for me but it is actually slightly too light for me and if I'm not careful then I feel like it washes me out. I have found though that if you use a bit of bronzer with this shade (unless of course you are an extremely pale person) then it's not too bad. The bonus is that it is actually quite moisturising and doesn't cling to the dry patches around my nose, which I love because I suffer from dry skin so I struggle to find foundations and creams that don't cling.

The only problem with this CC cream is the fact that I don't think it's that available in drug stores anymore. I know it is a product that was brought out a few years ago and the only place I have ever seen this is a B&M store (which is where I bought my bottle of it) and I think it is also available on the amazon website. If you do manage to get a one though they are a reasonable price - I'm pretty sure I bought mine for less than £5, which is definitely a great price as it lasts for a long time.

My favourite BB cream is the Garnier BB cream (or also known as a tinted moisturiser). This offers slightly less coverage than the Max Factor CC cream as it instead gives a more natural glow with a bit of extra colour to your skin. This is a product I would definitely recommend for those extremely hot days or those days where you're feeling confident about your skin.

Again, this cream only has a few shades (the same as the Max Factor cream) but because these are more of a tinted moisturiser it means that one shade can be suitable for a range of skin tones, at least in similar spectrums.

In contrast to the Max Factor CC cream, this BB cream is much more available in the drugstores - I bought mine from Tesco for around £5 but I know you can also buy it for around the same price at many other places such as Boots and Superdrug.

If I can, I will always use foundations as I do not like my skin and believe that foundations offer a much better coverage, but I will still use BB and CC creams where necessary.

Are there any BB and CC creams that you use and would recommend to other people? Let me know in the comments!

I'll be back next week with another post for you all.
Byeeee!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Contributors

Follow me on Twitter

www.twitter.com/OfficiaInstaura

Popular Posts