I'm Off To University!



Hello you beauties!

I can't believe we're over half way through August already! Not long now until everyone is off back to school. On that subject, I have some great news. I am off to university!

Last Thursday in England was A Level results day and I was so nervous for so long beforehand. I have had difficulty with my A Levels in the past and was really hoping that on the 17th August I could wake up finally knowing I didn't have to carry on with them after 3 years and that I could finally move on with my life.

I had dreams of attending university for as long as I can remember. I like to aim high in life and I knew from the beginning that university would be the right choice for me. However the hard part was deciding which degree to do.

For a very long time, I've always wanted to be a nurse or physiotherapist, intent on helping people in pain, helping them feel better. So I decided to study Biology in my first year of my A Levels. Big mistake. It made me realise just how much I struggled with science. And how much I loved English.

So in my second and third year of A Levels, I decided to focus on English. And I loved every minute of it. I had finally found what I loved. And I knew this is what I wanted to study at university.

I applied to study English Literature or English Literature and Creative Writing at 5 different universities; York, Nottingham, East Anglia, Chester and Brighton. I received offers from all 5 of them, although 2 universities gave me offers to study a different subject from what I originally applied for (although still English related).

By Christmas 2016 I had received all of my offers and so in January I made my choice - Brighton as my firm choice (asking for CCC or 96 UCAS points) and Chester as my insurance choice (asking for BCC). I was so excited but also so nervous, worried that I would not get the results I needed.

I spent months and months studying hard so that I could follow my dreams and finally, last Thursday, I was going to find out my fate. I was so relieved and happy to find out that I had been accepted to study English Literature and Creative Writing at the University of Brighton. I got to do exactly what I wanted to do; finally!

Yes, I'm terrified but I'm also really excited. I've never been away from my parents properly so it'll be strange having to get used to not seeing them every day but I'm sure I'll be fine with it soon enough. And not getting to see my boyfriend much... yes I'm worried about the long distance but he is studying in London so we can both easily travel to the others flat and visit each other regularly.

I can't wait to start my new adventure.

I'll be back next week with another post for you all.
Byeeee!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Contributors

Follow me on Twitter

www.twitter.com/OfficiaInstaura

Popular Posts