Look Fantastic Beauty Box Review April 2016











Hello you beauties!

I only heard of beauty boxes about a week ago when I saw the advert for Glossybox on TV. I was instantly hooked. I needed to know what they were. And, if possible, I had to buy one. 

After reading the reviews for Glossybox, I decided not to buy it but continued to shop around. This is when I came across the Look Fantastic beauty boxes. At just £11.95 per month, these are affordable even for those 'strapped for cash', and they are definitely worth more than you pay for them. 

I looked at other reviews for this box, such as ones by Jaina (http://whichbeautyboxuk.com/), and eventually decided to buy it. And I really am glad that I did. 

Though disappointed that it was only skin and hair care available with this month's box and no make-up included, I was thoroughly pleased with the contents of this box. 


Price of box is £11.25 per month (if 12 month subscription). No fee for P&P
There are 8 products in this month's box
If all full-sized products, this box would be worth c.£100
The brands included in this box are: Rituals, Bloom and Blossom, Balance Me, Briogeo, Elemis, Tanworx and My Vitamins


This is not usually something I would read, as I chose to read ‘Teen Vogue’ which is almost half the price of ‘Elle’ and covers the same content. However, the ‘Elle’ magazine is much thicker than most magazines I read, so I really believe it is worth the money. Also, Beyonce is on the cover of this issue, which is very promising, as she is a very inspirational woman to many. I am looking forward to sitting down with this magazine and reading it from cover to cover - and possibly buying more in the future. 

My Vitamins Performance Effervescent Blackcurrant Flavour (x20 tablets)

These are absolutely brilliant. Dissolvable vitamins always give you a brilliant flavour to make a refreshing drink while looking after your inner beauty. I always love items that are there to make you healthier, as I am always looking to boost my immune system. I will definitely be looking to buy this again.

I was happy to see that we were given the full size of this product (75ml).If I’m honest, I had never heard of a hand scrub before I received this box. But boy oh boy was I excited to see it. I get naturally dry skin, especially on my hands, so I am always looking for new products to use. I loved the smell of this product and, although it was a little weird to use a scrub on my hands, this product is absolutely amazing! I used it in the morning and my hands stayed smooth for the whole of the day! This makes me really happy that they gave us the full size product as I am officially in love with it. I will definitely buy this product once this one runs out. 
I would recommend this product for those people who get dry skin.


Bloom and Blossom Bath and Shower Gel (Given: 50ml Travel Size. Full size: 150ml. £11.50) (rating 3/5)

This was not my favourite product, but I’m not overall disappointed. It’s fragrance free, meaning its perfect for a wide range of people, but this also means I probably will not buy this product again, as I am a massive fan of scented shower gels. Also, this shower gel does no better than most other products, so I cannot see how they can justify charging £11.50 for a 50ml bottle. Your skin is smooth after use but no more than Treaclemoon showel gel, for example, where the product costs £2-£5 depending on the store and any offers. Overall, I do not think it is a complete waste, and appreciate receiving it in my box, but I probably would not buy this product after I use up the sample. 
I would recommend this product for people with any type of skin. 


Briogeo Don't Despair Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask (Given: 29ml. Full size: 236ml. £30) (rating 4/5)

I have never used a hair mask before, so was keen to try it when I saw it was included in this month’s beauty box. I was hoping it would be better than most conditioners I have used, as I often suffer from dry and damaged hair. You have to leave it in for longer than most (5-10) minutes before rinsing, which is hard to time sometimes and often boring, but you need to make sure it has time to work. I was amazed at how smooth my hair was after I had rinsed it out. However, if you have naturally frizzy hair, then I would recommend to style your hair properly after use and maybe use other products too as I found that this product made my hair frizzier than normal when I woke up the next morning. I am not sure if I would personally buy this product again (due to it being £25) but I will have to continue using the sample before I make up my mind.
I recommend this product for those people with any type of hair, but definitely recommend for those who are prone to getting dry and damaged hair. 


This is a product that has me sitting on the fence. I had never heard of body polish before, and was surprised to learn it was somewhat similar to body scrub. I was excited to use it though, as I heard (from other reviews) that this product supposedly firmed your skin as well as cleansing and smoothing it. It did just that. After one application, I could already feel the added firmness in my skin. However, the smell of the product really put me off. It had a very strong medicine-like scent to it that made my eyes water, and the smell stuck for quite a while. It was so bad I had to use body butter afterwards (The Body Shop Virgin Mojito body butter) to cover up the smell and make it bearable. Therefore I probably will never buy this product again.
I recommend this product for people with any type of skin. 

Tanworx Tan Maintainer by Monu Skincare (Given: 60ml Travel Size. Full Size: 120ml. £11.20)

I do not use fake tan - literally never have and never will - so I will not be using this product. It’s a shame, but I suppose there will sometimes be products that you will find no use for in these boxes. 

Elemis British Botanical Hand & Nail Butter (Given: 20ml Sample Size. Full size: 100ml. £18) (rating  5/5) 

I love any form of hand cream/butter so when I saw this in the box I was really excited. And I was not disappointed. Not only does it leave you with smooth skin throughout the day, it also smells great (although quite strong). I carry this with me wherever I go and I will definitely consider buying this product again.
I recommend this product for people who get dry skin. 


Overall, I genuinely think this box is very good value for the money you pay for it. Whilst this box was mainly focused on skincare, I feel like this is a positive thing as we have to take more care about our skin as the weather begins to change as we have transitioned into a new season.

I seriously cannot wait for next month's box already. 


*The Look Fantastic box comes in many subscriptions starting at just £11.95 per month.*
http://www.lookfantastic.com/


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Contributors

Follow me on Twitter

www.twitter.com/OfficiaInstaura

Popular Posts