Foundations Review

Hello you beauties!

I must admit that finding the perfect foundation has been one of the hardest parts of growing my makeup collection, and I bet a lot of you feel exactly the same way too. Recently, I looked through every foundation I owned and thought about the positives and negatives of each one, and decided which was my favourite. And then decided to turn it into a review for you all. So enjoy!


1. L'Oreal Infallible 24H in the shade 'Vanilla'
This is the foundation that was actually the last one to make it into my collection, despite hearing so many great things about it. While it's no where near the worst foundation I have ever used, it definitely isn't the best either and, if I'm completely honest, I probably won't purchase it again. I bought it for £7 in a sale but it is usually sold for £9.99, which makes it a decent priced drugstore foundation, and won't that won't usually be out of people's budgets. It does last for quite a while (although probably not 24 hours) and does blend quite easily, it does cling to your dry patches of skin, go slightly orange and only give a light/medium coverage.


2. L'Oreal Infallible Matte in the shade 'Porcelain'
Yet another L'Oreal foundation, and it is again probably one that I wouldn't repurchase. I've always heard amazing things about L'Oreal foundations but so far, none of them have been as good as I expected. This one is a brilliant colour and the shade really does suit me well, it blends out easily, offers better coverage than I expect, and it is quite cheap at just £7.99 (cheaper than most drugstore foundations!)! However, as it is a matte foundation, it really does cling to my dry skin and, to be honest, really does ruin the whole look itself. It's a great foundation is you don't have dry skin but, if you do, I really wouldn't recommend it.


3. Bourjois Healthy Mix in the shade 'Light Vanilla'
This one, again, is within the same price range as the first foundation I spoke about, being only £9.99 which I think is very affordable for anyone on a budget. The shade, being the lightest one there is, is still great - usually the lighter shades are still too dark for me but this one isn't, it is perfect. It offers great medium coverage, lasts a while, blends quite well and rarely ever creases. I would definitely recommend this foundation to you all.


4. Rimmel Match Perfection in 'Light Porcelain'
I have always been a fan of Rimmel's foundations and this one definitely does not disappoint. It is reasonably cheap at just £7.99 and the colour matches to my skin tone great - not too dark but not too light either. It does offer quite good coverage but at times (depending on how well it has been applied) can feel heavy and greasy on the skin, and it is also not the easiest to blend out. If you're looking for one to just start out with then this one will be perfect for you.


5. BareMinerals Original Foundation in the shade 'Light'
Now onto the only high end foundation in my collection. I would have to admit that this is one of the best foundations I have ever used. It is very, very lightweight which makes it great as it still offers decent coverage and also does not feel heavy on your skin, making it perfect to wear for work and college (well, that's usually where I wear it anyway). The colour is good as well (it is slightly too dark for me, but that's my fault for picking the wrong shade) and it is very easy to apply. The one negative thing I would point out about this foundation is that it is extremely pricey at over £20 but a little goes a long way so you definitely get what you pay for with this foundation.

Overall, I would probably recommend the Bourjois foundation to you all. While I do love the BareMinerals foundation, I know not all of you will be able to afford it so the Bourjois one is definitely my favourite drugstore foundation that I have tried so far.

Let me know what your favourite foundations are - I would love to try something new!

I hope you all liked this post. If you did, be sure to subscribe/follow, comment and share with friends!
Byeeee!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Contributors

Follow me on Twitter

www.twitter.com/OfficiaInstaura

Popular Posts