Dark Lips: Only For Autumn or Perfect for the Whole Year?

Hello you beauties!

Everyone always seems to obsess over darker lips during the colder months which is completely understandable as it helps to represent the mood and I suppose the weather which is what some people do with their makeup looks. Hence why corals and pinks are popular in the summer and dark browns and purples are used a lot during the colder months.

I have been known to wear darker lip colours before, usually purples but within the past year (or just a bit later than that) I have also started to experiment more with darker browns, as usually with browns I stick to lighter nude browns.

Before I actually answer the question I asked in my title, I want to just discuss with you a few of my favourite darker lip colours. I'm sure that I've probably mentioned all these colours/lip products before in my posts, especially in a post last December where I wrote about my favourite winter lip colours of 2016.

My favourite darker lip colour of all time has always been the Topshop matte lipstick in the shade 'Beguiled'. It's not too drying which I sometimes find with matte lipsticks but that probably doesn't help that I have naturally dry lips. It's really pigmented too and such a bargain at just £8.



I've started to experiment with darker browns now which I was a bit nervous to do before as I never thought they would suit me. However, I have been loving the Coloured Raine liquid lipstick in the shade 'Mars' which is a lovely dark brown that I feel really does suit me well. It doesn't transfer or run even if you've been having a drink (as I've found out because I like to wear this lip colour on a night out) and isn't drying either.

If I feel like I want a pop of colour while still rocking a darker lip, I usually choose to use to use the NYX Intense Butter Gloss in the shade 'Spice Cake'. Surprisingly it is not a matte product this time, but I really do like the butter glosses from the NYX brand and these intense butter glosses are so much better than I could ever ask for! When it says 'intense' it really does mean intense. This is a very vivid colour but is still a perfect autumn colour.

But are these colours really only suitable for the latter half of the year? Of course not. I would wear these darker colours at any time of the year. I tend to match my lipstick to the outfit that I'm wearing rather than the time of year that we're at. So if I'm wearing a darker outfit, I will wear a dark lip with it, even if it's the middle of July.

I suppose I can argue that it's the same for lighter lip shades. These are definitely wearable during the winter months. You don't want to wear a darker lip with an outfit that needs a lighter lip just because it's November.

What's your opinion on the right time to wear darker lips? Do you agree that they can be worn throughout the whole year?

I'll be back next week with a new post for you all.
Byeee!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Contributors

Follow me on Twitter

www.twitter.com/OfficiaInstaura

Popular Posts