Feminist Poem



Hello you beauties!

Today, again, is a non-beauty post because I have been doing some more writing for my university course and so I wanted to share it with you all again.

This is a poem inspired by feminism. My seminar leader told us to use the word feminism as inspiration then asked us to spend 5 minutes doing some free-writing, writing down whatever we thought of when we think about 'feminism'. Then from this free-writing we did, we then had to create a poem from it.

While my poem is actually inspired by feminism, I suppose you could argue that it is actually an anti-feminism poem. While doing my free-writing, all I could think about was a conversation I once had with my boyfriend. We were talking about how, in the modern day, if something were to go wrong in our relationship, he would automatically be blamed just because he is male. That made me think about how, even though feminism can be empowering if used properly, SOME people take it too far and use it as an excuse to physically, verbally and emotionally attack males, which isn't fair.

So here is my poem:

Objectified, by the women -
Beaten down day by day
They scream, scream loud
In the ear of society; listing
The patriarchy's faults one by one
While beating man to a pulp;
Chasing him like ravenous hounds
Just to force the high heel
Deep in his throat.


I hope you all enjoyed my poem and I would love it if you wanted to give me feedback so I can grow as a writer. 

I'll be back next week with another post for you all. 
Byeeee!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Contributors

Follow me on Twitter

www.twitter.com/OfficiaInstaura

Popular Posts