Why Do I Blog?



Hello you beauties!

I have been blogging now for almost a year and a half and one question I don't usually ask myself is this; why do I actually blog? Now that I've actually asked myself that question, I've realised how important it is to actually consider the reasons why I do blog and I wanted to share these with you.

I do not (and have never) expect global fame from this blog. That would be selfish for me to want that. Okay yes, it would be nice to be recognised for my work as every writer wants but I actually want to work for it and know that people genuinely enjoy reading my articles. Of course I want my work to be appreciated by the public because it does take time to write these posts for you all but at the end of the day I genuinely just enjoy writing and will continue with this blog even if it turns out no one is actually reading it.

I have enjoyed writing for as long as I can remember, but most of this time I have written short stories, or poems, or attempted to write novels. Once I discovered my love for makeup and decided that journalism is a career I would want to pursue, I decided to create this blog to share my passion whilst gaining some experience that I hope will help me in the future.

Journalism definitely is a fascinating career in my eyes and I know it is something that I would enjoy. It's not just writing news reports for the BBC, although that could be an interesting role to take on. With the influence of the internet growing stronger and stronger, I wanted to experiment with blogging first and hopefully learn more about journalism in the future with my university course.

Just writing about something I am passionate about makes blogging fun for me, and it gives me something to focus on. Something to be proud of. Shouldn't we all be proud of the things we manage to produce? If I had no goals in my life, then what's the point? This blog allows me to develop as a writer, to consolidate my writing style.

Do you run a blog? Why do you blog?

I'll be back next week (from Brighton!) with a new post for you all.
Byeeee!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Contributors

Follow me on Twitter

www.twitter.com/OfficiaInstaura

Popular Posts